BOUNCING BACK: THE FUTURE OF COVID-19

The small community of Poteau has been dealing with COVID-19, social distancing, and quarantining for over a month now. Non-essential businesses have closed, school is being done virtually, and many people only leave their houses for exercise or outdoors time, which is mostly done within a few blocks of their own home.

Madeline Brennan, News Editor

As time passes, it can be hard to imagine what life will be like after COVID-19, or when it will even end. Here’s what can be expected from the COVID-19 crisis for the rest of 2020, as told by experts.

It’s more than likely that the world will see a sharp decrease in COVID-19 cases in the summer, a pattern that is common for most pandemics. The infamous Spanish influenza seemed to disappear the summer after it was first contracted, but reached peak in the fall.

With this in mind and with the input of prominent epidemiologists such as Dr. Anthony Fauci, social distancing and quarantine regulations might be loosened as cases decrease, but if it comes back in the fall, which seems inevitable to most experts, it will probably be just as bad, if not worse, and the world will probably find itself in quarantine once again.

This being said, it is very likely that school will continue as normal in the fall, but is my guess that PHS will once again have to close its doors for health reasons if COVID-19 comes back in the fall.

What can you do to help? Stay inside, listen to the experts, and take care of yourself. 

To quote High School Musical, we’re all in this together.