HIT US WITH YOUR BEST SHOT: PHOTO CONTEST

The Pirate Log/Potonian staff announce that they will sponsor a photo contest.

Back to Article
Back to Article

What was your best photo from this semester?  Enter the Pirate Log

What was your best photo from this semester? Enter the Pirate Log "Through the Eyes of a Pirate" Photo contest.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels, Sponsor

When the 2019 – 2020 Potonian staff determined the theme for this year’s book, 2020 Vision: Through the Eyes of a Pirate, they set out to make the book like nothing else PHS had ever seen.  To promote the book, and give everyone a chance to participate in making the book a great one, the staff is offering prizes to anyone with the best photo of this semester.

The Pirate Log is looking for your best photo from the fall 2019 semester of anything happening on or off campus concerning students at PHS.  The staff wants to see through your eyes or through your lens.  What special events mattered to you this semester?  How were you involved in the community this fall?  What were your moments of pride, joy, or achievement?  Were you there for the big wins?  We want to see your best photos from sporting events, school activities, community activities on or off campus–if you got a good photo, we want to see it!

Anyone from the community may enter the contest with as many photos as they like.  Please label each photo with the following information: who took the photo, where/when it was taken, who is in the photo, and any information about what is happening in the photo you think we should know. Photo submissions should be emailed to [email protected] by Thursday December 19.  Winners will be announced via social media on December 23.

Prizes for the contest will be awarded to photos chosen for first, second, and third.  Second and third place photos will receive a free copy of the 2020 yearbook when it is published.  First place will win a free copy of the book as well as a cash prize of $40.  All of the winning photos will be used in the 2020 yearbook.  Any photo submitted will be considered for printing in the 2020 book.  Photo credits will be given for any photo that is published in the 2020 Potonian.

If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Peck ([email protected]).