PHS STUDENTS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ICAP JOB SHADOWING OPPORTUNITY

Jennifer Brooks

Mya Hess, Jennifer Camargo, Kiera Taylor, Niky Guttierez, Maritsa Martinez, Tristin Knight, Coral Hinson, Jordan Hicks, and Kristin Seaton.

With the help of Amy Ford, Marketing Director of the Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center, we were able to build a partnership for job shadowing opportunities.  Poteau High School appreciates that partners like EOMC believe in our students and their future careers.

Jennifer Brooks
Seniors interested in careers in nursing listen to guest speakers.

Poteau students attended a required orientation session with representatives from EOMC before they could participate in their job shadow of different medical fields at the center.  Darla Ford, RN and Tashanna Hinson, RN for EOMC spoke to students about regulatory items such as HIPPA and Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure. Students also discussed soft skills such as good listening skills, following instructions, respect for privacy, working as a team, and serving others before self. 

Most of the students that participated are also enrolled with the nursing program at KTC which gives them vital education and experience to prepare for their future career as well. A special thanks also to Crystal Hilton, RN, Chief Nursing Officer, for helping coordinate this great opportunity for our students. 

We are proud of the following young ladies and look forward to seeing what the future brings them: Jennifer Carmargo, Kierra Taylor, Maritsa Martinez, Tristin Knight, Jordan Hicks, Mya Hess, Kristin Seaton, Coral Hinson, and Niky Gutierrez.