WELCOME TO CAREER CORNER!

Jennifer Brooks, Contributing Editor

Welcome to Poteau High School’s Career Corner!  This is your one stop shop for all the latest Career information.  Last year Poteau High School was part of a pilot program for the new state mandated program called ICAP (Individual Career Academic Plan).  We are excited to launch a career readiness program that helps students have the best opportunities to explore just what they “want to be when they grow up!”  Our ICAP motto is “You can’t be what you don’t see”. All students deserve the chance to seek out the many different career choices available, including the academic pathway on how to pursue that career.

Be watching for student testimonials on their job shadowing experiences, as well as, dates on important events coming up.  The itinerary for this career cruise is one you don’t want to miss; this is the trip of a lifetime…..so don’t miss the boat! 

Check out our brief video to find out about ICAP! 

Upcoming Events:
1st Annual ICAP Junior Vs. Senior Powder Puff Football Game – September 24th – 7:00 pm
Senior Conference- November 18th – Reynolds Center – 8:30 am – 2:00pm

Congratulations to Pirate Senior, Janette Mercado, for being our first student to participate in our ICAP Job Shadow Program!  Look for her interview on how everything went next week! 

Jennifer Brooks
Senior Janette Mercado readies herself to job shadow on Wednesday August 28. Mercado was the first of the ICAP students to complete her shadow experience.

Business owner?  Knowledgeable in your career?  Come partner with us and give back to our awesome students by getting involved in our career readiness program called ICAP!  

Business Partner Contact Sheet

PoteauHS Career Info Flyer