• Apr 17, 10:37 amPirates place second at Checotah District Track Meet Tuesday April 16

• Oct 8, 9:28 amFollow our online scoreboard for updates on all the sporting events at PHS!

SOCCER GAMES

Back to Article
Back to Article

SOCCER GAMES

Kyson Hardaway, senior, #9, on Monday night is running on the field ready to help his teammates. During this game against Atoka, won by Poteau by 10, he scored in the first minutes of the first half.

Amaya Thornburg

Amaya Thornburg

Amaya Thornburg

Allegra Pradelli and Amaya Thornburg

Amaya Thornburg
Focused in the Game – Kyson Hardaway, senior, #9, on Monday night is running on the field ready to help his teammates. During this game against Atoka, won by Poteau by 10, he scored in the first minutes of the first half.

Right after spring break our Pirates played their first conference games at home, on Monday and Thursday night. On Monday the Boys played Hugo Soccer Team while our Lady played Keys High School. On Thursday night our Pirates played Atoka High School.

On Monday the Boys won 11-1 against Hugo. For the entire game Poteau had control of the game, scoring seven goals in the first half (Brandon Moore, senior, #3; Kyson Hardaway, senior, #9; Garrett Clark, senior, #27; Pedro Reyes, junior, #16; Chris Gutierrez, #6; Seth Baldwin, Senior, #19; and Jeremy San Juan, sophomore, #25).

At the beginning of the second half Hugo managed to score a goal, but our Pirates scored again four times with goals from Pedro Reyes, junior, #16; Yair Camargo, sophomore, #17; Alex Amezquita, sophomore, #2; and Bryce Palmer, senior, #1.

The Girls final score was 0-1 for Keys. However, Poteau dominated the game and controlled possession, shooting the ball multiple times. Keys scored at the end of the first half on a penalty kick.

On Thursday night Poteau played Atoka. Our girls once again dominated the game with a final score of 3-1 for us. In the first half Brenda Lopez, junior, #17 scored after ten minutes followed by Alex Casper, sophomore, #15. Atoka found the goal in the first half.

During the second half Brenda Lopez scored against at five minutes to the end.

The boys final score was 4-0. At the end of the first half our Pirates scored four times with goals from Pedro Reyes, junior, #16 followed right after from senior Brandon Moore #3, Miguel Martinez, #7 and Daniel Krehl, junior, #10.

During the second half our boys shot a lot of times but all the shots were all saved by Atoka goalkeeper, and the final score didn’t change.

Our lady Pirates won one game and lost four, while in the Wagoner Tournament, that was held on March 14th and 15th, they won one and lost two.

Boys won four games and lost one and also won the Wagoner Tournament.

Allegra Pradelli, Features/Opinions Editor

Allegra Pradelli is a Junior Exchange Student from Italy. She's involved in basketball and chorus.

View Allegra's best work here.