FIRST WEEK OF SOCCER GAMES

Back to Article
Back to Article

FIRST WEEK OF SOCCER GAMES

Allegra Pradelli With Roger Montelongo, Staff/Contributor

By Allegra Pradelli with the help of Roger Montelongo

McAlester vs Poteau, March 5th

Soccer season officially started on Tuesday, March 5th with the first game at McAlester. Our Lady Pirates lost by 4 with a final score of 1-5. The girls played a great first half and helped Alex Casper #15, sophomore, score the first goal of the match in under a minute. They also managed to keep their game impenetrable defensively for the first half.

However, the Lady Buffalo found their stride during the second half of the match when they broke Poteau’s defense and managed to score four times, with the last goal at 8 seconds to the end. Although Poteau didn’t have the best ball control, they had a solid defense which assures us they will have a great season.

Our boys had a good possession during the whole game which led to a great win: in the first half Senior #9 Kyson Hardaway scored a goal at 10 minutes to the end.

In the second half of the game #6 Jeremy Sanjuan, Sophomore, scores the second goal followed by Kyson Hardaway again with other two. The Poteau’s defense was broken only once and the final score was 1-4 for our Pirates.

Alma vs Poteau, March 7th

The Lady Pirates Soccer Team lost by 3 on Thursday night with a final score of 3-0. The team once again showed a lot of effort but due to a lot of injuries and a lot of unfortunate calls by the referees, the girls found difficult to play their best game.

The boys game was tied 0-0 at the beginning of the second half. Alma managed to score a goal making the game 0-1. But shortly afterward our boys helped Kyson Hardaway (#9), Senior, find a the goal to tie the game. The game ended in 1-1 draw.

Poteau vs Wagoner

On Friday, March 8th, our Pirates played the last game of this week at the home field against Wagoner.

Our ladies did not show their best: during both halves they were overwhelmed by the other team, finding it difficult to take the ball to the opposite side of the field. The final score was 10-0.

The final score of the boys game was 3-3 which led to penalty kicks, won by Wagoner. The first half was 1-0 to Wagoner, and during the second half they were able to score two more goals. The Pirates were able to bounce back during second half, managing to find the net three times. They helped Kyson Hardaway #9 find the goal for the second time that night, and for the 6th time this season, in the last 7 seconds to tie the game. This lead the game to go to penalty kicks. Wagoner won the game in the penalty kicks (4-3).