FORENSICS TEAM HEADED TO REGIONALS

Twelve students vie for spot at State

Back to Article
Back to Article

FORENSICS TEAM HEADED TO REGIONALS

To prepare for Regionals, the forensics team members went from class to class this week, performing as often as possible. 
 Phoenix Klein practices her piece for Mrs. Vick's class on Thursday March 7.

To prepare for Regionals, the forensics team members went from class to class this week, performing as often as possible. Phoenix Klein practices her piece for Mrs. Vick's class on Thursday March 7.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels, Sponsor

On March 9, Poteau High student members of the forensics team will be competing at the 5A Regional contest in Bixby, Ok.

Each of the twelve students are qualified in one or more events after competing in qualifying rounds since December.

The students who are only qualified in one event include: Breonna Ford (Humorous Duet), Olivia Brennan (Standard Oratory), Noah Sweet (Original Oratory), Eva Chirichiello (Humorous Duet), and Raul Becerra (Humorous Duet).

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
Olivia Brennan talks to Mrs. Oechsner’s class about deconstructing Disney Princesses in her Standard Oratory.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
What is a woman without a man? This is a question that Trista Fassio (sophomore) asks in her monologues. Fassio presented her pieces to Mrs. Taylor’s class.

The students qualified in more than one event include: Madeline Brennan (Domestic Extemp., Original Oratory), Trista Fassio (Monologue, Standard Oratory), Brittany McMillan (Poetry, Humorous Duet), Kinsey Peck (Monologue, Dramatic Duet), and Res Smith (Humorous Interp., Humorous Duet).

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
Senior Noah Sweet educates Mrs. Snipes’ 7th hour class about procrastination in his Original Oratory.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
POLITICALLY ACTIVE: Madeline Brennan explains how her generation is coming into their own politically in her Original Oratory. Last year, Brennan went all the way to State in this category.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
ON THE OFFENSIVE: In her monologues about women who have to fight, Kinsey Peck makes her case.

Two students from the team are triple qualified.  Phoenix Klein qualified in Humorous Interpretation, Humorous Duet (with Breonna), and Prose.  Conner Peck qualified in Standard Oratory, Dramatic Duet (with his sister, Kinsey), and Prose.

If the students move past Regionals, they will compete at State in April on the campus of OU.