CHOIR MEMBERS ADVANCE TO STATE

On Saturday March 2, members of the PHS Choir competed at the District Solo and Ensemble contest.

Back to Article
Back to Article

CHOIR MEMBERS ADVANCE TO STATE

Choir Director Alisha Smedley announces students who have made it to State.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels, Sponsor

Three soloists and four ensembles received Superior ratings at contest, qualifying them for the State Competition in April.

Three female soloists will advance to State from District Solo and Ensemble competition: Elizabeth Emberton (junior), Trista Fassio (sophomore), and Grace Hall (senior).

Ensembles advancing to State include Chamber Group A and Chamber Group B as well as the Freshman and Men’s Ensembles.

Chamber A Ensemble members include juniors Andrew Ellis, Dylan Richmond, Maci White, Elizabeth Emberton, Sallie Taylor, and Angel Schmidt; and seniors Noah Sweet, Nick Manifold, Grace Hall, Joanna DuBois, Sydney Graves, and Carley McCutchan.

Chamber B Ensemble members include sophomores Sean Fabian, McKinlee Thomas, Cora Rolens, and Trista Fassio; juniors Josh Martin, Niky Gutierrez, and Molly Clark; and seniors Brandon Moore, Jack Buckles, Briar Bowen, Suzannie Santos, and Breanna Curry.

The Freshman Ensemble will also be moving on to State.  Members of the group include Ashlyn Barnes, Madalyn Krehl, Alexis Lowe, Conner Peck, Res Smith, Aidan Falkner, Madison Pinnell, Brooklyn Morris, and Jamie Hercheberger.

The Men’s Ensemble includes Andrew Ellis, Brandon Moore, Josh Martin and Jack Buckles.

These students will be competing at State on April 19 (tentatively).

The Men’s and Women’s choirs compete at State Choir contest on March 29.