NATIONAL SIGNING DAY

Senior year is a stressful time and there is high competition for the same positions.

Back to Article
Back to Article

NATIONAL SIGNING DAY

Alexis Bates and her cheer team celebrate her dreams of cheering collegiately come true.

Tanner Schmuck

Tanner Schmuck

Tanner Schmuck

Brittany McMillan, Staff

On February 6, 2019, Poteau High School participated in their first National Signing day for the 2019 senior class.  Five student athletes signed to a college this year.

Gunner Thompson has been offered a full ride for football at Emporia State in Kansas.

Tanner Schmuck
Surrounded by the coaches who guided them, Jackson Duschel, Joshua Smith, and Gunner Thompson are grateful for the opportunities that await them.

Alexis Bates is receiving partial tuition for cheerleading at University of Arkansas Fort Smith.

Joshua Smith is going to East Central University with $3,000 paid for per year for football.

Justin Coyle is going to Missouri Southern State University to play on the golf team for $5,750 per year with instate tuition.

Tanner Schmuck
Justin Coyle reps the MSSU colors as he proudly signs with the school to play golf.

Jackson Duschel received $16,000 a year for football and powerlifting at Missouri Valley.