Filed under News

Pirates Out for Gold

Back to Article
Back to Article

Pirates Out for Gold

TREASURE SEEKERS: The 4N6 Team at PHS competed on January 12 at Quinton  High School.  Pictured left to right: Wyatt Stinson, Braden Coulter, Brittany McMillan, Phoenix Klein, Breonna Ford, Eva Chrichiello, and Trista Fassio. Of the seven members, three are qualified for Regionals.

TREASURE SEEKERS: The 4N6 Team at PHS competed on January 12 at Quinton High School. Pictured left to right: Wyatt Stinson, Braden Coulter, Brittany McMillan, Phoenix Klein, Breonna Ford, Eva Chrichiello, and Trista Fassio. Of the seven members, three are qualified for Regionals.

In June, the forensics team began working on their pieces for the 2018-2019 season.
Pirates Out for Gold became the team’s motto. The goal: bring home more medals and more trophies than in seasons past.

Seven Members of the PHS Forensics team attended the Quinton High School Savage Classic on Saturday January 12. Registered in a variety of events, the team managed to bring home four qualifications for Regionals.

The Pirates had found their first treasure chest.

“It was a mix of silver and gold,” said sponsor Lauren Peck of the day’s treasure hunt.

Sophomores Trista Fassio, Phoenix Klein, and Breonna Ford were the big winners from the team.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
GOING FOR GOLD: Three members of the team brought home medals. Phoenix Klein (triple qualified) with partner Breonna Ford and Trista Fassio show off their medals.

Fassio placed first in Standard Oratory with her interpretation of Emma Watson’s “He for She.”

Breonna Ford and Pheonix Klein placed third in Humorous Duet with their interpretation of “Dystopia: The Hungry Maze Game if Divergent Death”.

Klein proved to be the teams triple threat, placing second in HD as well as Prose and Humorous Interpretation.

The three who placed at the Quinton tournament are qualified for Regionals in March.

The rest of the team has four more chances to set sail in search of gold. On January 19, the team will head to Okmulgee before a week off due to Thespian Festival. On February 9th, the team will be compete away again before hosting their home tournament on the 15-16.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels, Sponsor

English/Speech/Drama/Journalism Teacher at PHS

Sponsor of Color Guard, Thespian Troup #3283, Debate/Forensics Team, Mock Trial Team and Pirate Players...