8 Studying Tips For Tests and Exams

Back to Article
Back to Article

8 Studying Tips For Tests and Exams

Are you ready for those semester tests?  Be sure to check out Mackenzie Chavez's 8 Tips for Studying.

Are you ready for those semester tests? Be sure to check out Mackenzie Chavez's 8 Tips for Studying.

Mackenzie Chavez

Mackenzie Chavez

Mackenzie Chavez

Mackenzie Chavez, Assistant Photo Editor

Making sure you’re ready for your exams and tests is important to help you succeed. Studying well, but not hard sometimes is difficult and all of these tips can help you study better.

1. Keep Your Studying Space Neat: To keep your space clean, make sure any trash or unneeded items are thrown away. If you have piles of notebooks or papers, make sure they are in neat stacks where they are easily accessible.

1. Reread and Go Over Old Tests / Exams: By rereading old tests, there could be some clues that are useful to remember the information for your tests. Have a time set for studying each section, so that you have time you refresh yourself and eat a plentiful snack.

1. Talk To Others About Your Answer: If you’re doubting an answer you’ve come across, you can talk to others about your conclusion. Always check with several others and not just one just so that you can make sure you are reading over the correct info.

1. Make Plans For a Study Groups: Talking to more than a few people can give you different views on the topic. Many views can help you see opposite sides like a debate; you have to ready for everything. Three to five people is a good amount for about one to three hours. If you have too many people it could get a little too loud to study and around 3 hours gives you plenty of time to go over different topics and take breaks.

1. Take Breaks Every So Often: Taking breaks is key to work longer without getting burned out. You should take a break every 50-90 minutes that are about 15 minutes long. Some things to do while on break are move around, don’t think about work and some things you should not do is work, be on a screen, or concentrate on mind-boggling things.

1. Eat Foods That Are Good For Your Brain: There are many, many foods that can help your brain do its’ best work. A few of the foods that can help your brain are berries, nuts, seeds, and avocados. Berries are good for your brain because they can protect your brain from oxidative stress and repel age-associated mental problems. Seeds and nuts provide plenty of omega-3s whereas the body doesn’t make that on its’ own.

1. Always Keep Water With You For When You’re Thirsty: Sometimes water can add an intellectual breakthrough and help your mental achievement. Usually, teens should drink about 6-8 cups of water a day. You should take a bottle of water with you to help you relax and keep your mouth not dry.

1. And Last But Not Least, Make a Schedule For Exam Day: You need to get a good night’s sleep for your exam, so that you are prepared and not about to fall asleep. When getting ready for your exams, your attention should be on you and being ready. If you don’t keep up with yourself or you could lose track of time, or stress over problems that aren’t yours. And after the exam, walk away. Don’t stress over if you THINK you passed or not. The outcome could go either way, it just matters that you did your best.

If you’re looking for more tips to help you study, go to Youth Central. Everybody studies differently, so if none of these tips help you go look on the internet. The internet has tons and tons of study tips that are there to help each and every one of you.