Movies Appearing on Screens in November

Emily+Teague+gives+us+the+rundown+of+the+films+headed+to+the+big+screen+in+November.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Movies Appearing on Screens in November

Emily Teague gives us the rundown of the films headed to the big screen in November.

Photo by Kilyan Sockalingum on Unsplash

Photo by Kilyan Sockalingum on Unsplash

Photo by Kilyan Sockalingum on Unsplash

Emily Teague, Copy Editor

(Rated G-PG)

The Grinch (Runtime: 1 hr 30 mins)

Even though Christmas is still a month away, there’s Illumination’s CGI (Computer Generated Image)  remake of The Grinch appearing in theatres. You can go and experience Dr. Seuss’ classic story on the big screen November 9th.

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Runtime 1hr 40 mins)

Also in the theme of Christmas time, comes a retelling of Marius Petipa’s renown classic, The Nutcracker. Produced by Walt Disney Pictures, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms begins with the main character getting a locked, egg-shaped box as a Christmas present, and in the search for the key, she is lead into the strange world, the Fourth Realm. You can see this magical tale in theatres starting November 2nd.

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Runtime 1hr 52 mins)

As a sequel to Wreck it Ralph, this movie is promising a humorous adventure with Ralph and Vanellope von Schweetz, as they try and locate a replacement part for Vanellope’s video game “Sugar Rush”. Inside the World Wide Web, the duo meet different characters known as netizens. That includes the algorithm known as Yessss, who is the mind behind the trend-making site, Buzzztube. You can see Ralph and Vanellope in theatres beginning November 21st.

(Rated PG-13)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Runtime 2hr 15 mins)

Newt Scamander is back in the newest installment in the Fantastic Beasts series, except this time he’s helping his old friend Albus Dumbledore defeat Grindelwald in his attempt to allow pure-blooded wizards to rule over non-magical beings. As lines are drawn in an already divided wizarding world, Newt must find a way to stop Grindelwald’s plans before it’s too late. The Crimes of Grindelwald is releasing on November 16th.

Bohemian Rhapsody (2hr 15mins)

Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon explode the music industry after creating the hit band known as Queen. Eventually, Mercury decides to leave the band to try and make it solo. However, when Freddie is diagnosed with AIDS in the 1980’s, he joins with the band for one last benefit concert, eventually going down as one of the greatest rock performances in history. This hits screens on November 2nd.

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (Runtime 1hr 57 mins)

In this movie, a hacker known as Lisbeth Salander is recruited by an ex-NSA employee to steal FireWall– A computer program that can get nuclear launch codes worldwide.After the program falls into the wrong hands, it’s up to Lisbeth and an unlikely ally to prevent worldwide disaster before it’s too late. See this movie in theaters on November 9th.

Emily Teague, Staff

Emily Teague is a freshman at Poteau High school. She is a part of the Pride of Poteau Marching Band/Colorguard and Journalism.

View Emily's best work...