PIRATE PLAYERS ANNOUNCE CAST AND CREW FOR WINTER PLAY

PPTC will go "Around the World in 80 Days" in this Mark Brown adaptation of the classic story.

The+Pirate+Players+Theatre+Company.++Follow+the+group+on+Facebook+%28PHS+Thespians+Troupe+3283%29+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Pirate Players Theatre Company.  Follow the group on Facebook (PHS Thespians Troupe 3283)

The Pirate Players Theatre Company. Follow the group on Facebook (PHS Thespians Troupe 3283)

Staff

On Tuesday November 6, twenty hopeful students gathered in room 106 hoping to be cast in the upcoming production of Around the World in 80 Days.

“We saw a LOT of great talent and potential in everyone!” said director and sponsor Lauren Peck in a post on Facebook.  “It was incredibly difficult for us to come to this decision, but we are confident that this is the best choice for our department.”

The play, written for a small cast, will feature eight of the company actors playing a total of 32 characters.

At the center of the story is Phileas Fogg, played by Braden Coulter, who makes a bet with a few gentlemen that he can circumnavigate the earth in 80 days.  Along for the ride is his manservant,  Passepartout (played by freshman Conner Peck).  The two cross paths with a damsel in distress in India: Aouda, played by Kinsey Peck.  They save her and she joins the pair for a wild ride.

Following the two, is Detective Fix, played by Dylan Richmond.  Fix believes that Fogg may be the same man who robbed a bank and is now on the run.

Four other actors play the remaining characters who range from train conductors to American colonels to ship captains.  Each actor plays more than five different roles over the course of the show.  Sophomore Trista Fassio, senior Logan Midgley, junior Bailey Pickle, and senior Noah Sweet are ready to face that challenge.

Six students have been chosen as understudies for the production who will step in if needed: Eva Chirichiello, Ashlyn Barnes, Jerret Carpenter, Aidan Falkner, Breonna Ford, and Phoenix Klein.

Actors chosen for the show will join a select group of individuals who signed up to work on various crews for the production.

Madeline Brennan will produce the show while Lauren Peck will direct.  Stage management for the show will be handled by Angel Schmidt and Brittany  McMillan.

The production design will be handled by students as well.  Alyssa Driver, junior, will be in charge of the scenic design while senior Noah Sweet will handle the costume design.  Lighting and sound design will be handled by Kinsey Peck and Triston Barber, respectively.

Other crew members include Ethan Harrison, Lexee Ogle, Raul Becerra, Jamie Herschberger, Jessica Martin, Brandon Pickle, Laura Benetzen,  Isabella Doshier, Jentri Jordan,  Tanner Schmuck,  Reagan Bullard, Chloe Gotes,  and Molly Clarke.

Around the World in 80 Days will begin rehearsals on November 12.  Performances will begin January 24 and continue through January 26.