• Nov 11, 6:21 pmDylan Richmond named to OMEA Mixed Choir; McKinlee Thomas to OCDA Treble Choir

• Nov 6, 8:43 amSallie Taylor, junior, crowned Miss PHS 2018

• Nov 6, 8:43 amTuesday November 6 is election day. Visit your local polling site before polls close.

Poteau Tourism: Something for Everyone

The top things to do in and around Poteau, Oklahoma

Jacob Ford, Sales Manager

Many people who have lived in Poteau their entire lives claim there is nothing to do in LeFlore County.  While the sentiment comes from a place of understandable ennui with small town life, it is not entirely factual.  Here are five things that anyone can enjoy in our area.

Lake Wister State Park is located about 10 minutes from Poteau and offers camping, hiking, and fishing.

Tower Drive-In is in Poteau and is one of the only drive-ins still open in the state.  They have double feature movie nights when weather permits.

Strike-A-Lot-Lanes is the only bowling alley open in Poteau.

Good Times Community Theatre League is a theatre company that does about 5 shows a year. If you’re in town during the time of a show you could go see a show  and I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Skate-Reation is a skating rink located in the middle of town. You can come enjoy a night of skating for an affordable price. The prices are $3 or $5 depending on the night you go.  Skate rentals are available.

I have personally been to all of these places and highly recommend them if you’re looking for fun in Poteau, Oklahoma!