• Apr 17, 10:37 amPirates place second at Checotah District Track Meet Tuesday April 16

• Oct 8, 9:28 amFollow our online scoreboard for updates on all the sporting events at PHS!

PPTC Announces Auditions

Back to Article
Back to Article

PPTC Announces Auditions

PPTC to present Mark Brown's Around the World in 80 Days (Dramatic Publishing Co.)

The Pirate Players Theatre Company has announced that it will hold auditions for the winter production of Mark Brown’s Around the World in 80 Days on November 6 from 3:30 – 5:30 pm in Room 106.

The play originally calls for five actors that play multiple roles.  Director Lauren Peck-Weisenfels will consider all the talent available at auditions, which may mean that the cast will be expanded.  If the show were to be single-cast, it could potentially fit up to 32 actors.

Audition information for the winter play, Around the World in 80 Days

Around the World in 80 Days is based on the classic novel by the same name.  The story follows Phileas Fogg as he traverses the world, attempting to prove that it can be done in 80 days and to win a bet.  As his companion for the trip, he takes along his manservant Passepartout, a Frenchman who carries a perfect time piece, or watch, to keep the two on time. Along the way, the pair meet many interesting characters and face numerous challenges.  Playwright Mark Brown creates a lively and hilarious comedy with these characters.

Particular skill sets required by actors might include accents (British, French, Indian) and physical comedy.  For more information on the play and characters, please visit the website of the publisher, Dramatic Publishing.

The company is also looking for technical applicants who are interested in working backstage.  Crews to which individuals may apply include: set construction, costume construction, makeup/hair application, sound/light operators, properties creation, and more.  No prior experience is needed for any of these crews, however, skills in the particular area are a plus.

Technical Crew information for upcoming PPTC production

For more information about the production and how you can be involved in the theatre company, please contact Lauren Peck in room 106.  For audition forms or technical forms, please print off and fill out the audition form or stop by room 106 to pick up a copy.