• Oct 17, 12:46 pmThree students compete in Greenhand Quiz competition; Brett Hoffman places 6th overall.

• Oct 16, 11:19 amAcademic Bowl Team scheduled to host LeFlore County Tournament on October 23.

• Oct 16, 11:18 amBoys Cross Country and two members of the girls team to compete at State Saturday October 20

August Students of the Month

Every month teachers are asked to pick from each grade two students that stand out because of their hard work and good attitude in classes. Student of the Month is a title that recognizes all the effort students put forth daily at school, and after reading all the activities our students are involved in, you will understand that we are not only talking about their excellent grades.

Allegra Pradelli, Features/Opinions Editor

Since this is the first month of school, the choice of the student of the month was based on what has been done in the past that has been particularly impressive or the relatively short interactions students have had with teachers this year.

Teachers certainly had many reasons to nominate these students for the award, since it seems they don’t have a moment of spare time from all the activities they are involved in.

Noah Sweet
Haleigh S. Senior; August Student of the Month

HALEIGH S.

Senior

Haleigh is a senior basketball player and member of the Silver Steppers Dance Team who is an NHS member, too. She likes English better than Math, unlike all the other Students Of the Month, and her goal is to graduate from college in order to become a dental hygienist.

Noah Sweet
Gunnar T., Senior; August Student of the Month; Mr. PHS 2016

GUNNAR T.

Senior

Gunnar is part of the Pirates Football team and he is also involved in track, basketball, and NHS. Two of his future goals are to pursue a degree in sports medicine and, of course, play college football.

It is no surprise that Gunnar should be recognized as an outstanding student.  He was chosen as Mr. PHS in 2016.

Noah Sweet
Jillian C., Junior; August Student of the Month

JILIAN C.

Junior

Jilian is a basketball and softball player who is in the NHS and student council, too. When she found out that she was chosen for the August student of the month title, she felt excited and proud of being the first one of the year. Fond of English and Math, she would like to become a doctor.

Noah Sweet
Kagan S., Junior; August Student of the Month

KAGAN S.

Junior

Originally from Alaska, the junior football player Kagan Stockton stood up along others students of his grade; he is also involved in track and NHS. Passionate about everything related to computers and as a future computer engineer, he is very glad that Poteau High School is becoming more technological by adopting the Chromebooks.

Submitted by Juliet F.
Juliet F., Sophomore; August Student of the Month

JULIET F.

Sophomore

When Juliet found out she was chosen for the title Student of the Month, she felt very proud of herself and her parents couldn’t feel more excited as well. She is involved in choir, thespians, art club, and NHS. She also likes playing the piano and everything related to the theatre. Juliet would like to become a dermatologist.

Noah Sweet
Jake P., Sophomore; August Student of the Month

JAKE P.

Sophomore

Involved in football, baseball, wrestling, NHS, and student council, Jake is also a good student, particularly fond of math and science. Even if he still doesn’t know what to do in the future, he still has two years  to think about it.

Noah Sweet
Reagan Bullard, freshman; August Student of the Month

RAEGAN B.

Freshman

Reagan is a determined freshman who is into a lot of activities such as cheer, band/ color guard and she is also in the student council and on the journalism staff. Since she was born, she knows that her career will be in a hospital and because of her dedication and perseverance, we all know that, without any doubt, she will make it.

Noah Sweet
Caden F., freshman; August Student of the Month

CADEN F.

Freshman

Caden is a good student with an interest in scientific subjects.  He is an avid athlete playing football, basketball and baseball. He is in the student council, too.