National Honor Society Announces Newest Members

Members+of+NHS+have+lunch+and+discuss+the+year%27s+activities+at+the+September+meeting.+

Kelsey Daggs

Members of NHS have lunch and discuss the year's activities at the September meeting.

STAFF, Staff

At the end of August, students were notified that they had been invited to apply to join the National Honor Society.  A select group of faculty members evaluated the applications, narrowing down the group to the most outstanding members who would be accepted into this elite group.

Members of the senior class that will join NHS this fall are James J., Alysia M., Guadalupe P., and Christian S.

Molly Clarke
Senior Chris S. reviews the NHS application in a meeting with Mrs. Hoffman at the beginning of the year.

Junior students chosen include Britley B., Jennifer C., Lilly C., Alyssa D., Cameron D., Christian D., Niky G., Catherine H., Maritsa M., Lexee O., and Kagan S.

“Hot dog!” exclaimed Lexee O., junior when she found out she had been chosen.  “I have to call my mom!”

The sophomore class boasts the largest amount of new members.  Members include Javin A., Piper A., Emma B., Emily B., Yair C., Avery C., Curtis C., Skylar D., Mattison D., Isabela D., Micah E., Sean F., Trista F., Juliet Flanagan, Emily F., Grant F., Sara F., Logan G., Megan G., Chloe G., Daniel G., Emily G., Vivian H., Emily H., Addison J., Kasidy J., Jentri J., Alexandra K., Isabella L., Micah L., Patricia L., Faith M., Jake P., Landon P., Coatney R., Johanna R.,  Cora R., London S., Alyssa S., Ryan S., Kameron S., McKinlee T., Tiffany T., Kylie T., Alexa V., Marley W., Jenny W., Colton W., and Serenitie W.

The group meets the second Tuesday of every month in the BLK at 12 pm.  All members are required to attend meetings, maintain a 3.5 GPA and complete community service work.