• Nov 11, 6:21 pmDylan Richmond named to OMEA Mixed Choir; McKinlee Thomas to OCDA Treble Choir

• Nov 6, 8:43 amSallie Taylor, junior, crowned Miss PHS 2018

• Nov 6, 8:43 amTuesday November 6 is election day. Visit your local polling site before polls close.

1k Donation to Leflore County Boys and Girls Club

Former Oklahoma City Thunder player makes generous donation towards Boys and Girls Club

Kaitlin Dodson, Staff

The Boys and Girls Club of LeFlore county is an organization that runs purely on donations, which is part of the reason that the Enes Kanter Foundation donated 1,000 dollars for the operational costs.

“I am extremely grateful for Enes making such a long trip just to spend time with our members and getting to know our community,” Arielle Perry, the club CEO, told Poteau Daily News in an interview.

Enes Kanter, a former Oklahoma City Thunder player, visited the Boys and Girls Club on July 7th, making sure to talk about following dreams, hard work, and reaching the goals you set for yourself. He also visited Poteaus first responders, and talked with the mayor.

“I think the most important thing is to put a smile on kids faces, that’s what it’s all about,” Enes told 5 News.

The Enes Kanter foundation that was started in 2016, has been known to make donations to other causes, such as Hurricane Harvey relief, the Greece wildfire fund and other non-profit organizations and charities.

Enes Kanter went to visit the Boys and Girls club for the clubs summer career series, an event that was made to teach kids about different career paths they might be interested in. The event was filled with guest speakers and hands on activities.

“This is absolutely something they will never forget, and getting to talk to him. Like he mentioned, it’s not just playing basketball and sports, but making sure you’re learning. That has made a great impact on them,” Arielle Perry told 5 News.