• Apr 17, 10:37 amPirates place second at Checotah District Track Meet Tuesday April 16

• Oct 8, 9:28 amFollow our online scoreboard for updates on all the sporting events at PHS!

PPTC Presents: Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

It’s a classic story: two twins, shipwrecked off the coast of Illyria, must find their way in this new place.  The sister, who has dressed like a man to save herself from a dismal fate, finds employ in the court of Count Orsino, a noble duke.  The brother finds himself traveling with a notable sailor whose past actions make him a target in the town.  The lasting humor of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night rests on the fact that the twins, unaware that the other is still alive, are dressed alike and causing confusion everywhere they go.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels
PPTC members have been hard at work preparing the set for their upcoming play, Twelfth Night. Construction was halted during the recent Walk Out.

The Pirate Players Theatre Company will bring this hilarious comedy to life beginning April 18 with a Dollar Preview Night beginning at 7 pm in the BLK Civic Center.

Performances continue Friday April 20 at 7 pm, Saturday April 21 at 2 pm and again at 7 pm.

Tickets can be purchased at the door for $5 general admission.  Poteau Public School employees are free.

Lauren Peck-Weisenfels, Sponsor

English/Speech/Drama/Journalism Teacher at PHS

Sponsor of Color Guard, Thespian Troup #3283, Debate/Forensics Team, Mock Trial Team and Pirate Players...