Stephen Hawking Dies at Age of 76

World Renowned Scientist has Passed Away

Raul Becerra, News Editor

On the early morning of Wednesday, March 14th, Stephen Hawking passed away peacefully in his home in Cambridge, England. He was famous for his work in cosmology, general relativity, and quantum gravity.

When he was 22, Dr. Hawking was diagnosed with ALS. Doctors gave him 2 years to live. However, he was able to survive and live a fairly long life until his death. He was 76 years old when he died.

In a statement to BBC, his children, Lucy, Robert, and Tim Hawking offered a statement after his death was announced.

“We are deeply saddened that our beloved father has passed away today. He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years.”

In reaction to his death, his famous book, A Brief History of Time, is now at the top of the charts of the Amazon Best Sellers list.

His contribution to science has been admired by organizations, scientists, and celebrities respecting him. These include NASA, Neil Degrasse Tyson, former president Barack Obama, and his ex-wife, Jane Hawking.

“Remembering Stephen Hawking, a renowned physicist and ambassador of science. His theories unlocked a universe of possibilities that we & the world are exploring. May you keep flying like superman in microgravity, as you said to astronauts on @Space_Station in 2014.”

— NASA (@NASA) March 14, 2018

“Have fun out there among the stars.”-Barack Obama.

Stephen Hawking will be missed by all. He was a big name to anyone who wants to study any type of science. His work will inspire people for generations to come.