• Apr 16, 1:42 pmSpring Play, Twelfth Night will be performed April 18, 20, and 21!

• Apr 16, 1:42 pmWant to know what's happening at PHS? Check out our Calendar at the bottom of our home page!

• Apr 3, 9:12 amTeacher Walkout over; schools across the state resume classes.

Band District Solo and Ensemble

February 24, 2018

Landon Perkin, Sports Editor

On Saturday, February 24, thirty-nine students in the Poteau High School Band went to Band District Solo and Ensemble in Tahlequah.

The soloists and groups that went to District Solo and Ensemble were: Percussion Ensemble, Flute Sextet, Trumpet Trio, Low Brass Trio, French Horn Trio, Clarinet Choir, Saxophone Quartet, Woodwind Quartet, and soloists Savannah F., Dylan R., and Breonna F.

The players in Percussion Ensemble were: Adam L., Michael S., Will A., Daniel G., Maddie G., Jackson W., Landon P., Jose C., Caitlyn M., Serenitie W., Mackenzie B., Kylie V., and Sydney H. The Percussion Ensemble scored a Superior rating (The best score to achieve).

The players in the Flute Sextet were: Savannah F., Kaylee E., Catherine H., Lexee O., Emily T., and Dany M. The Flute Sextet scored a Superior rating.

The players in the Trumpet Trio were: Andrew E., Jose C., and Emily B. The Trumpet Trio scored an excellent.

The players in the Low Brass Trio were: Serenitie W., Breonna F., and Harlie W. They scored a Superior rating.

The players in the French Horn Trio were: Jackson W., Tanner M., and Alexis M. They scored a Superior rating.

The Clarinet Choir scored a Superior rating. The players were: Alexis M., Maritsa M., Madison A., Niky G., Janette M., Jennifer C., Rachel D.,  Madeline B., Mya H., Kennedy T., and Jodie M.

The Saxophone Quartet players were: Dylan R., Savannah Y., Suzie S., and Jessa C. They scored a Superior rating.

The players in the Woodwind Quartet were: Alexis M., Savannah F., Kennedy T., and Dylan R. The group scored a Superior rating.

The soloists and groups moving on to State are: Percussion Ensemble, Flute Sextet, Low Brass Trio, French Horn Trio, Clarinet Choir, Saxophone Quartet, Woodwind Quartet, and soloists Savannah F., Dylan R., and Breonna F.

The Band State Solo and Ensembles will be held at Oklahoma State University and will be during April 17-19.

Members of the flute sextet practice before competing. The group scored a Superior rating.