• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Basketball HoCo Thursday December 21 @ 6 pm

• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Wrestling Homecoming Thursday December 14 in the Gym, 6 pm.

• Dec 12, 2:28 pmThe AP US History class will be visiting the Gilcrease museum Wednesday December 13.

Wal-Mart Scan and Go

The Next Step in Getting to your Destination Quicker

Alondra Martinez, Staff

You walk into Walmart and look at your grocery list to remember the items you need. As you go through the store, all seems good. But, as you get towards the end of your trip, you look for a register that is empty. Dread fills you because the registers seem to be full. Now you have to wait in line to finally finish your grocery shopping.

Walmart’s app “Scan and Go” allows you to proceed through the lines faster. Download the app, “Scan and Go,” and your wait will be shorter. Just scan the barcodes of the items you want while you wait in line, then pay directly from your phone at the register, and walk out the door.

Afterwards, there should be a review of your purchased items, just like a receipt. Just like that, you are ready to go to your next destination. Scan and Go is a good way to not have to wait in line as long, and just have a simple way of paying.

Many positive results have been given about this new helpful application. One Walmart customer, Lisa Rowlee, claims her experience was fabulous.

“Today was my first experience using Walmart Pay and it was FAB-U-LOUS!” Rowlee said.  “I was shopping with five of my children, which can sometimes feel a little bit like herding cats, and Walmart Pay got us through the register smoothly.”

Now having your groceries it is time to get to your next destination. If it is picking up your children from daycare, or taking your dog a walk, or even getting started on dinner you will now know that your destination may have a couple of minutes to spare. “Scan and go” is another simple way Walmart is hoping to make their customers feel satisfied.