• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Basketball HoCo Thursday December 21 @ 6 pm

• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Wrestling Homecoming Thursday December 14 in the Gym, 6 pm.

• Dec 12, 2:28 pmThe AP US History class will be visiting the Gilcrease museum Wednesday December 13.

Poteau vs. Muldrow: First Basketball Game of the Season

Landon Perkin, Staff

On November 28, the Boys Varsity Poteau High School Basketball team played against the Muldrow Bulldogs at home in the first game of the season. The Pirates lost the game 67-58.

In the first quarter, the Pirates scored thirteen points, and the Bulldogs scored twenty-three.

Over the second quarter, Poteau scored fifteen more points, Muldrow only scored eleven. The score at halftime was 28-34, with Muldrow in the lead.

During the third quarter, Poteau made another fifteen points, with Muldrow scoring thirteen. The game was at its closest, with the Pirates losing 43-47.

In the last quarter, the Pirates scored fifteen more points, and the Bulldogs scored twenty. This brought the final score to be 67-58, with the Bulldogs taking the victory.

Kyson H. led the Pirates in scoring with eighteen points. Jameson S. scored fourteen, Atticus P. scored nine, Tristan W. scored eight, Quincy P. scored five, and Jett P. scored two points.

Last season, the Pirates won 11 games and lost 12. They ranked 41st in 4A in the state.

This year, they lose the Seniors: Rece W., Sequoyah S., and Jordan C.

The roster for this year is: Landon B.(Sr., #22), Jarrett G.(Jr., #78), Kyson H.(Jr., #3), Brandon M.(Jr., #12), Atticus P.(Jr., #15), Quincy P.(Jr., #10), Jameson S.(Sr., #1), Gunnar T.(Jr., #24), and Tristan W.(Jr., #31).

Brandon M. throws the ball in from the sideline after it goes out-of-bounds. Photo taken by: Landon Perkin