• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Basketball HoCo Thursday December 21 @ 6 pm

• Dec 12, 2:29 pmPirate Wrestling Homecoming Thursday December 14 in the Gym, 6 pm.

• Dec 12, 2:28 pmThe AP US History class will be visiting the Gilcrease museum Wednesday December 13.

Homecoming Football Game

The Pirates Continue their Winning Streak

Dillon Scarcelli and William Bunn, Staff

On Friday, October 6th the Poteau Pirates played against the Stillwell Indians.

The game began with Stillwell scoring the first touchdown, and with only one down, they made the kick  bringing the score to 7-0, Stillwell,  with 6:22 left on the clock. The Pirates scored their first touchdown and a successful kick, making it 7-7 at 4:56. Pirates scored another touchdown and a conversion with just 25 seconds on the clock ticking the score up to 15-7

In the second quarter, Poteau scored the first touchdown bringing the points up to 17-7 with 8:02 on the clock. Poteau scored again and and makes a successful conversion for two points at 7:07 bringing the scores to 25-7. Stillwell attacked Poteau and scored a touchdown at 5:08. Bringing the score up to 25-14 after a successful kick. To top the quarter off, Poteau makes a touchdown at the end giving Poteau a cushion once again, making the points 31-14.

The third quarter had a touchdown nearly instantly at 10:41 by the Indians. And another touchdown by Poteau at 8:58. Making the score 38-21. Stillwell and Poteau both scored again in this quarter, racking up more points. Making the third quarter score 45-28.

Fourth quarter was uneventful because only two touchdowns were made in this quarter and it began with the pirates scoring a touchdown and a field goal with 9:38 on the clock making the score 48-28 then the Pirates scored the last touchdown of the game with still 7:13 on the clock, the final score was 55-28.